I LOVE LONDON SO MUCH ALREADY THAT...I MAY NOT EVER RETURN TO THE STATES! (British people call America "the states")
My flight over was pretty easy, I flew from Columbus to Detroit, and then from Detroit to Heathrow. From Heathrow I took the Heathrow Express train (allllll by myself) and then got off and took a cab to Regent's. I was pretty jet lagged and tired, but I managed to only take a small nap during the day.
The college is BEAUTIFUL and everything is new and clean, but also very historic. Liz and I have a great dorm room together- the dormitory we are living in got completely renovated over last semester so it is brand new. (check out the pics below) Our window overlooks the London skyline, and the college soccer/basketball courts where cute boys play at night...Regent's must have known to put liz and I in that room with a view :) The bathroom looks like a spa- it is so nice, and our bedsheets get cleaned every Wednesday. The cleaning ladies are friendly, and we just leave our trash outside our room at night and they collect it in the morning. Sort of like a hotel...
It took me about 5 minutes to unpack- I only brought 2 suitcases and a backpack. Yesterday I went to a pub with Mal and Alyssa (my friends from UNH). Liz was sick and couldn't go out unfortunately- she is better now! The pub is a 2 minute walk from Regent's and has good food and beer. There is also a pub on campus called the "sports bar" that is a lot of fun too- the drinks are cheaper than at pubs and night clubs.
I have been doing orientation meetings today and organizing/getting adjusted. The college planned a field trip for the students and we went on a walking tour of downtown London and got a little history lesson on Jack the Ripper, a famous London murderer who lived in the 1800's - a little creepy, but the Britts think its funny. (they have statues and designated places where he murdered people??) I was bored for most of the time, but it was worth it after because I went to a more upscale restaurant and had AMAZING pizza and salad.
So far I would say that I am doing really well, and I know this semester is going to be the time of my life!
Friday, January 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

what????? not return to the states???? (-:
ReplyDeleteyou've already done so much....can't wait til your next update!
xo
Hey you!!! Sounds like it is so wonderful!!! I loved the pics and your updates...you have to return, we would all be broken hearted over here on the other side of the pond :)
ReplyDeleteso glad you are so happy.....can't wait to read/see more
love ya,